Wednesday 16 April 2014

Being Ill Is A Right Bummer

It started Sunday night with a minor sore throat and I thought that was it, oh no.

I woke up at 5:10am with a horrendous fever, horrible sweats and the mother of all headaches. I managed to get back to sleep an hour later only to wake up at 7am feeling the same but with my head and mind also feeling like it was racing 100 miles an hour, one of those short bouts of illness where you literally have no idea what the hell is going on. All the while having crazy vivid dreams about things I don't like or having great ideas for video games (that probably exist already).

The rest of the day was pretty much spent in bed waking up to drink some water, taking paracetamol and heading back to bed, only for the who process to get worse and worse to the point where I thought I was feeling better, my body felt like it had some kind of aversion to the liquids in my body and decided to sweat everything out. I dried my bed out, and went back to bed to wake up at 7am the following day, feeling much better, so in this moment of feeling decent I stripped my bed, gathered up all the clothes that I wore the previous day (which was a surprising amount) and threw them all in the wash thinking that was the end of that.

Oh no.

Throughout the day I could feel myself getting worse, the headaches only being stemmed with drugs and waves upon waves of lethargy washing over me. Hoping these symptoms were an illness hang over I rode them out thinking they'd be over in a few hours, I was wrong. So with a freshly made bed (a wonderful wonderful thing), a bath and lots of water I went to bed hoping that was the end of it. Once again I was wrong.

The night was filled with less vivid dreams, the same amount of night sweats but with a throat that had felt like someone had taken a industrial sander to it, hurting to swallow, hurting to talk, hurting to drink water, you name it, it hurt.

So I sit here writing this hoping for it to be some kind of cathartic experience but only realising that I'm still super ill and dizzy as I can't type the most simple words without re-writing them four times over. Hopefully tomorrow I'll feel better and hope I hear back from the job I had an interview for.

Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment