Wednesday 14 October 2009

Far Too Few Between

Not much in this post but just getting into it again.

Warriors Orochi 2 (X360 Game)

Laying it out, it's a "Warriors" game from KOEI, that means sprawling battlefields, 10s, even 100s of enemies on screen at one time, lots of flashy special moves and tons of characters to unlock. Having not played a Warriors game since Dynasty Warriors 4 Xtreme Legends on the PS2 I expected to find some new features and I'll be honest I did, but the main bulk of the game is the same, and that I'd say is good. New features I've come across are the inclusion of a triple tag team, you can choose 3 characters and change on the fly according to the situation, say Da Ji for crowd control or Kotaro Fuma for a more direct approach on one enemy. While you are playing as your chosen character the two members in reserve slowly regain health and musou (required for preforming special attacks). Like before the meat of the game is having fun cutting through waves upon waves of enemies. Other features worth noting are the ability to upgrade your weapons with various attacks buffers such as stronger attacks or faster attacks, several multi-player mini-games that I've yet to try out and the use of growth points to upgrade characters that you don't play with. On the achievements front this being quite a niche Japanese game the achievements are pretty standard, complete various story lines or challenges to the stupid hard clearing every level on every difficulty setting. Although there is a lot of content on offer here most of it requires grinding and if you don't have the time a large portion of the game will be closed off. I personally picked this up for around £8 so going by that price I feels it's a worth package.

Warriors Orochi 2: 6/10

Teachers (TV Series)

For those of you not in the know Teachers was a comedy drama first broadcast on Channel 4 during 2001 and ran for four series in total. Recently picking up the complete box set I had the chance to watch every episode back to back like a lazy work-shy student just before he went back to uni. The show follows a group of teachers (Hence the name) in a school dealing with everyday problems such as discussing who would you rather sleep with if you had no eyes or seeing how many beer mats you can fit in your mouth. Each episode takes place over the space of a week with the main theme being set up on the Monday and the following escapades that follow it through the week. There are four series in total each progressively worse than the last, although it can be argued that series one and two are equally as good as each other and that it was the departure of Andrew Lincoln that saw the show take a down fall. As I'm not sure where I'm going with this I'll end it rather suddenly.

Teachers: 9/10

Walk in the Woods of Keele Hall

With lots running through my mind I felt a walk was in order to help clear my head, while the intent was there my head is still the same but I'm now feeling in a blogging mood hence this. In my walk I'm pretty sure I stumbled across the site where I attended a rave in my first year, this could be wishful thinking mind you as its the woods, almost every clearing looks the same! I walked past a few lakes, may have even past all the woodland lakes but I'm not sure. All the time with my MP3 player on Playing the new Fuck Buttons album "Tarot Sport" which personally I love and think its works very well as an accompaniment to a solo walk.

Walk: 8/10



Now the fun bit, my rant! So me and bouts of insomnia are good friends, choosing to crop up when I least need it it seems intent on messing up the start of a course I actually like, missing three lectures in one day due to a combo insomnia and a fire drill does not make me a very happy man. So maybe tonight I will use the tried and tested method of getting drunk and falling asleep early, I hope it works.

Fuck Buttons - Solar Surf (Edit) (Youtube)

Sign off...BOOM!


No comments:

Post a Comment